Quickdraft offers distinct advantages in servicing its customers through engineering:
- Over 59 years of engineering experience
- Significant investment and training in the newest technology
- Focused new product development
- Emphasis on providing complete, cost-effective engineered solutions
From the time of initial inquiry and throughout the design phase of an order, our engineers search Quickdraft’s digital Job History Database by a variety of application-specific criteria to ensure that the appropriate equipment is quoted. This database allows us to take full advantage of our long history in providing engineered systems to our customers.
As part of the engineering design phase of any project, Quickdraft’s engineers use a proprietary Windows-based design program. Our proprietary program allows the operator to both mathematically and graphically ‘model’ the specific system and obtain the desired flows, static pressures and velocities. The program allows for real-time interactive constraint changes to try various design options and evaluate the ramifications of each change. This allows us to arrive at the best possible system solution for each customer.
Our engineers have 80 years of combined experience with the use of this Quickdraft technology, ensuring our customers that they are getting the appropriate equipment designed in the most efficient manner.
Quickdraft uses 3-D Autodesk Inventor® for our standard drawing package. The use of this 3-D package offers advantages over traditional 2-D drawing packages.
- The use of 3-D models for general arrangement approval drawings allows both the Quickdraft engineer and our customer to better visualize the relationship between our equipment and existing space constraints. The 3-D model can be rotated in space and various section views can be easily taken to easily verify clearances as compared to 2-D drawings that require each view to be drawn separately.
- Once a specific size part has been modeled in 3-D, the next time the same or similar-but-different-size component requires fabrication, the necessary manufacturing drawings can be completed much faster. We can be certain it will be fabricated correctly and function as designed.
- The necessary information for the LASER burn table is more accurately and readily available from the 3-D model used in the general arrangement approval drawings.
- The drawing package provided to our customers is complete and easy to understand and often reduces time required for system installation.
Quickdraft continues to further improve its existing equipment offerings as well as develop new products to meet our customers’ needs using the latest technology. For example, we have used Computation Fluid Dynamics to mathematically model and improve our eductor design.
We have also invested significant resources into new product development, including trim cutters and demisters, and are continually striving to improve our products as well as find new opportunities to utilize them to our customers’ benefit. Our spacious facility allows us to test any application to ensure that it will work flawlessly in the field.