Why Canton Ohio?
Home of the 25th President of the United States, William McKinley, Canton, Ohio is the 8th largest city in Ohio. Nestled in the county seat of Stark County, Canton’s multifaceted landscape features a distinct urban feel with touches of suburbia and a small town atmosphere.
Canton’s vibrant downtown arts community attracts visitors from all over Ohio and its many industrial partners make it an ideal place to live, work and raise a family. Canton’s economy is on the rise and if you love football, you’ll love Canton. The Pro Football Hall of Fame calls Canton its home and is in the process of expanding into a large, multimillion dollar Hall of Fame Village. Canton City Schools are nationally known for their McKinley Bulldogs football team and the entire school system is in the process of reconstructing its curriculum to help students prepare for college.
For the nature lover, Canton and Stark County is home to many different parks and wildlife areas including Waterworks and Monument Park—the latter being the home of the McKinley Monument. The Stark County Park district includes 7,000 acres of land and nearly 100 miles of walking/bicycling trails.
With a population of close to 75,000 people, Canton’s economy is mostly industrial with significant arts and health elements. Housing is very affordable with a median home value of $82,200.
- Canton is within driving distance from many major metropolitan areas:
- Cleveland (1 hour)
- Pittsburgh (2 hours)
- Columbus (2 hours)
- and Akron (30 minutes)
- Canton is situated in good company. According to The Center for World University Rankings, 11 Ohio universities are among the top 1,000 in the world.
- Canton’s unemployment rate was at 5.8% and dropping as of April 2015.
- Canton’s population is comprised of 45.5% males and 54.5% females
- Median resident age is 38.6 years
- The average temperature in Canton is 26° Fahrenheit in January and 72° Fahrenheit in July.
At Quickdraft, we’re proud of the community we live in. If you can envision a future with us and in the Canton/Stark County area, apply for a career with us today.