ALUMINUM TRIM & RECYCLABLE METAL CONVEYING
Quickdraft is a preferred vendor for aluminum roll stock manufacturers and original equipment manufacturers for edge trim removal. Our systems use Venturi Technology to pneumatically convey either shredded aluminum trim to collection hoppers or continuous aluminum trim to a baller. Quickdraft also provides systems to convey aluminum punch outs and shavings, stainless steel, brass and copper trimmings, dust, slag, borings and chopped steel plate up to 3/16” thick. Most Quickdraft metal conveying systems are used to safely and efficiently convey metal to be recycled for further use.
ALUMINUM SCRAP ALL NEGATIVE CONVEYING CASE STUDY
Systems available for chopped and continuous trim as well as borings, slag and shavings
- Varying trim widths and all thicknesses
- Sound reduction required
- Dust collection systems are available including cyclonic and wet scrubber dust collectors
- Explosion venting and suppression system needed
- Material must be conveyed directly outside to collection trucks or train cars
- Material must be collected from multiple locations for applications like boring, punch out or shaving collection
- Controls must be integrated with plant control systems
Our systems can convey aluminum edge trim at speeds up to 6,000 FPM and thicknesses up to 0.079 inches.
Pneumatic conveying improves operator safety by enclosing potentially dangerous metal scrap from pickup to discharge.