When compounding polymers with a additives and fillers, unless effective venting is applied to remove moisture, the resulting pellets could contain volatiles causing surface defects in extruded or injection molded parts. Vent openings in the extruder barrel can be operated at atmospheric pressure or under vacuum, with most typical compounding processes including both. Quickdraft has developed a variety of vent-port designs to accommodate a wide range of applications and materials including vent stuffers, elongated vent barrels, and side vents, and machines can be equipped with multiple vacuum vents.
Explore by clicking the buttons in the graphic below
- Remote from processing area
- The blower will never come in contact with the exhaust stream, so it is more reliable and typically will not have to be cleaned
- Reduced noise
Superior design and precision manufacturing make the Quickdraft Venturi Exhauster the most efficient, consistent and reliable method for maintaining process exhaust requirements.
- There are no obstructions to the exhaust flow and all moving parts are external to the air stream
- Little or no maintenance
- Consistent, dependable exhaust performance
- Duct can be thoroughly cleaned without harming the blower
- Designed for 24/7 operation
- Long service life